Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Get Inspired!

One of my favorite parts about planning a wedding is creating an inspiration board! An inspiration board pulls in the feeling, flavor, colors and vibe of your event onto a single page. You can show a vendor such as a planner, photographer or florist your inspiration board and they are instantly caught up with your ideas of how the big day should look. The best part of an inspiration board is it is a perfect way to capture your thoughts and ideas! While planning your wedding you can easily get inundated with magazines, websites and blogs of pictures and ideas and it can get hard to keep track of everything and/or to keep your vision cohesive.

Here are two of my favorite inspiration boards that were put together by Clutch Events Associate, Sarah Gai. Sarah has a special talent in that she can hear just a few sentences of your vision and can whip up a spot on board that makes a bride giddy with excitement because she captures 'that feeling'.


The bride Sarah created this board for wanted a classic and clean look with a pop of fun yellow!

The words used to describe the below board were a mix of modern and vintage Montana. I think she nailed it!

You can easily make yourself an inspiration board by going to one of my favorite wedding blogs, Style Me Pretty. You will see the below 'build a board' icon and from there just click on the pictures of real weddings you find inspiring and you can build your board!
For my own wedding I'm creating inspiration boards for my photographer, my florist and my hair stylist to get them in tune to my inspiration! Happy planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment