Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Teeth & Beer!

Super cute dental student meets brew master hippy at University of Connecticut...no really, picture East Coast 'preppy' (in the best way possible) and the captain of the ultimate Frisbee team (again, in the best way - sorry Steve, that's a guess - but am I right??)...They bonded over their relaxed attitudes, dive bars, love for dark beer and a sarcastic sense of humor...they fell in love, finished school, moved to Seattle where she is a dentist and he is a master brewer at Elysian...meet Holly & Steve in all of their awesomeness glory!

Fluert of West Seattle did all of the floral arrangements...I love the broach and lace!
Why yes, those are teeth molds - they held down the programs in the summer breeze! I love fun personalized touches like this!


This group of groomsmen was F.U.N! I love some east coast humor and they delivered! Plus look how dapper they look in their suits!! The kelly green and hues of blue color palette came through perfectly in there shoes and tie combos! Such a great group of guys!!

I love old man hands....and really, how cute is grandpa's tie?!

Officiant Quinn Russell rocked the ceremony...this may be the part where she talked about the engagement...Steve put the ring on his tooth as she was going to floss his teeth (remember, she is a dentist!) and her reaction, 'what the shit is that?!'....I love it!!

 The ceremony was held in a field at Volunteer Park, the weather was ideal for a July Seattle day.



 Seriously, could she be more gorgeous?! And she is as nice as she is cute!! For realsies.
And then you add Stephen, such an awesome guy!! And I feel like I've said awesome 1,000 in this blog already, but I can't help it. It is the perfect word for this wedding. I mean look at them. You can't help but smile when you see these pictures!!

This was the day that I met Jenny of JennyJ Photography. We talked for roughly 35 seconds before we basically simultaneously said, 'how have we not met? How are we not friends yet!?'...cut to 2013 and we have three weddings together, hooray! I obsess over her photos! They are unique, artsy, creative...her point of view blows me away!!  

Th reception was at 415 Westlake and the super fly team of Skillet catered the event. Two words for you people, chicken & waffles! Ok, one more word...PIE!! So delish!
Holly was the visionary of her style. She used a burlap runner and DIY lace curtains underneath a plethora of collected glass vases. The uber talented mother of the groom sewed each napkin in different blues/greens materials to complete the look.





 Of course they served beer from Steve's brewery!! A pour of 'Happily Ever After' please!
This picture is included solely because the bestman is a hottie - you're welcome ladies. Plus his speech was hilarious, he's not just for looks.
So I know I talk about how awesome the dance parties are at a lot of my weddings. And it is true, there are epic dance parties that happen throughout a a solid wedding season....but this takes the ultimate cake. Sophisticated Mama DJ'd the shit out of this wedding. I'm talking every single person had sore feet the next day kind of party. When I say that the photographers, the catering staff, the DJ's, the bartenders and myself were ALL dancing behind the bar together, I'm not kidding. It was ridonculous.
Shortly after this picture was taken the bride and her aunt had a Michael Jackson dance off. Amazeballs!

And to end this blog post I will leave you with these two pictures....try and tell me they didn't have an insane time at their wedding!!?!? THANK YOU Holly & Steve for letting me be a part of your wedding!!!!!

Rad vendors include....
Photographer - JennyJ Photography
Ceremony Music - The Elderly
DJ - Sophisticated Mama
Ceremony Location - Volunteer Park
Reception Venue - 415 Westlake
Florist - Fleurt
Caterer - Skillet
Ice Cream Cart - Blue Bird Ice Cream
Officiant - Quin Russell
Hair & Make-up - Vain
Transportation - First Student
 

2 comments: